Search found 75 matches

by goodwater
Mon, 2026-May-18, 15:13
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO CONSTRUCTION
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 46
Views: 87687
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

(...continuation of the previous post) The reason there are 4 chains (instead of 3) on the front side of the first cloud is essentially aesthetic, because there is no slat in the middle of the cloud. We created the second cloud following the same steps and here is the result: Hang_11.JPG Then my fri...
by goodwater
Mon, 2026-May-18, 14:54
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO CONSTRUCTION
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 46
Views: 87687
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

Hello, Here is an update on the work done since my last post. We first completed the construction and installation of the 2 clouds. CLOUDS We started by drilling holes in the OSB pieces for the recessed fittings. I have a 6-inch hole saw, but it was impossible to use it for drilling the holes becaus...
by goodwater
Fri, 2026-Apr-24, 17:09
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO DESIGN
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 60
Views: 187901
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

Thank you so much Jennifer for your reply. It confirms what I intended to do. ;)
by goodwater
Sat, 2026-Apr-18, 11:24
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO DESIGN
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 60
Views: 187901
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

After a break of a few weeks, I am now ready to resume work. I would like to finish the design of my two clouds first. I built two 4x8 frames, each 6 inches thick. Each will contain two recessed lights and will be filled with two layers of 3-inch thick Rockwool Safe&Sound insulation. The two clo...
by goodwater
Sun, 2026-Mar-15, 00:27
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO CONSTRUCTION
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 46
Views: 87687
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

I applied two coats of sealant to the floor. floor.JPG We installed the furniture that I kept from the renovation of the bathroom of the house. I also kept an old desk for the workshop area and had a similar counter made for the other side. cab_1.JPG cab_2.JPG We installed a Video Blink Doorbell and...
by goodwater
Sun, 2026-Mar-15, 00:15
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO CONSTRUCTION
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 46
Views: 87687
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

Cabling_1.JPG Cabling_2.JPG Cabling_3.JPG bw_4.JPG bw_5.JPG We installed the power outlets for the control room area and the outlets on the side walls. po_1.JPG po_2.JPG po_3.JPG The baseboards at the bottom of the walls have been installed and painted. In the storage units, I glued and painted MDF...
by goodwater
Sat, 2026-Mar-14, 23:57
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO CONSTRUCTION
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 46
Views: 87687
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

Don't worry, I'm still alive! :) Actually, I haven't had much time to update my project, but work is progressing well. I'm taking the time to do this update before taking a few weeks off. We built the frames for the two 4x8 clouds. Then, before painting, we positioned them on the floor opposite wher...
by goodwater
Wed, 2026-Jan-14, 11:44
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO DESIGN
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 60
Views: 187901
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

I'll try to answer you, but I'm not an expert. Perhaps Glenn or Stuart can confirm and/or add to what I've said. Isolation (soundproofing) and acoustic are two things completely different. The level of soundproofing required depends on the noise you'll be making (db) and how much it can/will affect ...
by goodwater
Sat, 2026-Jan-10, 15:17
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO DESIGN
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 60
Views: 187901
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

In my case, the 1x3 slats (yellow lines) are nailed to the trusses (blue lines) over the Enermax panels. Then we installed the two layers of drywall. So, with my stud finder, I'll be able to locate the slats and position the chains accordingly (after precisely determining the location of the cloud)....
by goodwater
Wed, 2026-Jan-07, 16:33
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO DESIGN
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 60
Views: 187901
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

7428 i would put the speakers on stands. you'll find making adjustments to positions will be much easier You're absolutely right. If I fix them to the wall, I won't have any leeway to position them in the right place at the right angle. 7428 i'd go ith the bigger cloud or even several clouds I woul...
by goodwater
Sun, 2025-Dec-21, 19:37
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO CONSTRUCTION
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 46
Views: 87687
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

Thank you so much, Glenn! As always, I really appreciate your comments and encouragement...this project is quite an adventure! My friend thought it would take us 3 months! :lol: Progress over the last few days: - Sliding door baseboard - Glued 1/4-inch plywood to the blue Dow insulation at the botto...
by goodwater
Thu, 2025-Dec-18, 14:34
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO DESIGN
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 60
Views: 187901
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

Hi, In a previous post, I mentioned that I would discuss CAT5 and audio/video cabling later. Actually, although this wiring is almost entirely already in place, I think I can still mention it here since it's part of my design. However, if I've made a mistake or omitted something important, I probabl...
by goodwater
Wed, 2025-Dec-10, 13:45
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO CONSTRUCTION
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 46
Views: 87687
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

I can finally give an update. I had to take a short break from the studio because I had to supervise some home renovations. However, the work has still progressed a bit since my last post. Here is : ⋅ Finished putting the Rockwool in the bass traps above the storage (about 30 cubic feet of...
by goodwater
Sun, 2025-Nov-02, 20:16
Forum: Recording Studio Furniture
Topic: recording light sign
Replies: 7
Views: 108244
Canada

recording light sign

:D Yes, indeed...after installing the plug and the light, I tested the Wi-Fi and turned on the light, but I forgot to take a picture... :? I promise to post an update when it's installed! :shot:
by goodwater
Sun, 2025-Nov-02, 13:28
Forum: RECORDING STUDIO DESIGN
Topic: Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio
Replies: 60
Views: 187901
Canada

Multi-purpose Music/Home Theater/Recording Studio

Thanks Glenn. I really appreciate your help. Initially, I considered putting brick or stone on the TV wall to add texture to the room and aid in acoustic treatment (perhaps some diffusion). My interior designer suggested wood slats instead to add warmth to the room. The wood slats wall would have ap...