Hello from Canada

A place for general chit-chat, hanging out, off topic stuff, shooting the breeze, ranting, introducing yourself to the forum, saying "Hi!", etc.
Elusive Sounds

Hello from Canada

Postby Elusive Sounds » Fri, 2020-Apr-17, 05:11

Hi All, Marc here from the east coast of Canada. This is the first time I come across this forum after reading and researching the other places online for many years. I will soon be posting a very comprehensive (and quite long) thread about the feasibility of isolating a small studio space atop an attached garage... (I know, I know... an expensive challenge to say the least). The initial research started back in 2015-2016, then life happened...

Due to the state of the world it now looks like I will have a lot of time to dedicate to this, so working on a solution for my room is now my full time job.

I hope everyone here is well and safe in these strange times and I look forward to exchanging ideas on this forum.

Best,
Marc

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Hello from Canada

Postby Soundman2020 » Fri, 2020-Apr-17, 11:44

Hi Marc. WELCOME to the forum! :thu: :) Glad you found us.

I will soon be posting a very comprehensive (and quite long) thread about the feasibility of isolating a small studio space atop an attached garage... (I know, I know... an expensive challenge to say the least). The initial research started back in 2015-2016, then life happened...
Fantastic! That's exactly what the forum is for. Please do start your thread, and long, detailed posts are the best type. You can also "drag and drop" into your post any photos, plans, acoustic measurements, or other files that would document your design and build. I've tried to make the forum as "file friendly" as possible, and simple to use as well.

Due to the state of the world it now looks like I will have a lot of time to dedicate to this, so working on a solution for my room is now my full time job.
Right! Good planning is the key to getting good results.

I look forward to exchanging ideas on this forum.
:thu:

- Stuart -

Pochtitesas

Hello from Canada

Postby Pochtitesas » Mon, 2020-Jun-22, 11:24

Hey!
I'm currently in Toronto and I'm happy to meet you here!
I'm a newbie on this forum too and I hope I find here some new people and a lot of useful tips and info.

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Hello from Canada

Postby Soundman2020 » Mon, 2020-Jun-22, 12:18

Pochtitesas wrote:Hey!
I'm currently in Toronto and I'm happy to meet you here!
I'm a newbie on this forum too and I hope I find here some new people and a lot of useful tips and info.
Welcome to the forum! :thu: Feel free to start your own thread, and tell us about your own plans for your place!

- Stuart -