Sadness

A place for general chit-chat, hanging out, off topic stuff, shooting the breeze, ranting, introducing yourself to the forum, saying "Hi!", etc.
lostandfound

Sadness

Postby lostandfound » Sun, 2021-Jan-24, 11:25

Sad .... really sad !!

I don't know what to think, these days, already very much affected by the restrictions for Covid ....
For over a month and a half, Stuart has not replied to anything .... he makes me very sad, mainly for his health because, I have no idea of ​​this pessimism that pervades me lately, I think it is the most possible justification .. .. I would be really sad to know that's why!

Personally I commissioned him a design for our new control room, he has already satisfied me to a large extent, I promised him a possible and effective collaboration here in Italy as I consider him an excellent and prepared designer but, at this point, I must admit that not I can afford to expect on his constant support, certain problems that arise daily would need a quick decision and he, for his needs that I am not aware of, cannot answer us!
Obviously I don't want to teach him how "economic" relations normally work here in Europe, ... the fact is that most of us have to deal with them every day and it is not always possible to do so ... as it happens to me.

I tried to "provoke" unsuccessfully the most capable users of this forum .... suggesting that they could be more "constructive" and able to technically respond to the many new messages with a request for help but, equally, without success....maybe we are not really capable and we are here only to "get", in this way.
This forum is becoming a space for exchanging ..... congratulations and limited and questionable advice, as demonstrated by the fact that the same users post the same questions on other forums ... and often the replies come by the users themselves, in this way .... everything will die.

I am not here to issue sentences .... I would not have, as well as the right, the skills to be able to provide otherwise .... but I am of a certain age and experience teaches me that "from nothing ... .nothing comes ", each draw their own conclusions.

Good all to all, always with sincere kindness

always....sorry for my English

Lucio

Starlight

Sadness

Postby Starlight » Sun, 2021-Jan-24, 15:09

Ciao Lucio.

I have not heard from Stuart or from anyone else that they have heard from him so it is impossible to know what the situation is at the moment. I hope Stuart and his family are safe and well.

I feel sorry that you are one of his customers. Are you able to keep building your studio or are you needing Stuart to help you with something before you can do any more?

Starlight

lostandfound

Sadness

Postby lostandfound » Mon, 2021-Jan-25, 18:17

Thanks Starlight,

you are always very kind and helpful, you do it very often with others too and this really does you honor!

I am not sorry to represent a customer of Stuart, I am only sorry that it is not as reliable as many would like it to be, it disappears for months without any response and, unfortunately as I wrote in the previous post, in the initial building it is inevitable that problems arise, you almost have to quickly fix it .... if there is no feedback you have to invent something, probably wrong.

Currently we have started the new control room, by the weekend I will post pictures of our progress.

What saddens most is to see this forum which, without Stuart, does not represent a point of reference and very often forced us to "deviate" on other classic forums to have the possibility to discuss with designers like him.

I will be stupid but .... I have even come to think that his nick Soundman2020 has been "calibrated" to chronologically respect his duration in this field, I am aware that he is technically very skilled in several areas and perhaps that of acoustic designer had a deadline.

Well for everything Starlight, thanks again for the reply!

Lucio

athnony

Sadness

Postby athnony » Fri, 2021-Feb-05, 22:10

Wow, I'm only now reading about Stuart's absence from this forum. Wishing him and his family the best, as to you all on the forum.

garethmetcalf

Sadness

Postby garethmetcalf » Thu, 2021-Feb-11, 14:07

Hi

I think it's worrying that Stuart hasn't been on the forum for a while but there could be many reasons for it, and I certainly wish him well whatever the circumstances. Hopefully he and his family are all OK in these strange times.

Personally I feel value in using this forum and getting the support and advice from fellow studio builders, who are all at varying stages of their builds and each with differing levels of experience in a variety of areas, so if one person doesn't know about one thing someone else might. This is the whole point of a forum such as this, to share experience. Yes of course it's great to get fee advice from professionals in the field, but if that's all people are here to do then surely it's better to just commission a studio designer from the outset.

I value the contributions of all that have commented on my thread and I hope others feel the same. I know I've learned an awful lot from reading this forum, as I did from the John Sayers forum when I did my last build. I prefer being part of a smaller community as well.

Thanks to all and finger's crossed for Stuart's health.

Gareth

ScotcH

Sadness

Postby ScotcH » Fri, 2021-Mar-05, 18:25

Yeah, it's pretty unfortunate, but I guess we have the past posts (here and on JS) to draw from. I had alwasy expected to be on my own in the endeavor, so when i found this forum, with basically personal and very detailed advice given by one of the experts in the field, I was super excited. Unfortunately, I happened to start my project exactly when Stuart disappeared .. doh! In any case, thanks to members here, on JS, and other sources, I progressed. I realize my situation is different from someone who actually paid for the advice/service ... It does seem a bit of a shame, but as stated ... we don't know the situation, and it could very well be that he is unable to respond.

Having said that, (as a business owner myself), finding the time to drop a 1 liner status update goes a LONG way to reassure your customers (assuming you are able to, of course).

endorka

Sadness

Postby endorka » Sat, 2021-Mar-06, 01:20

lostandfound wrote:Source of the postI have even come to think that his nick Soundman2020 has been "calibrated" to chronologically respect his duration in this field, I am aware that he is technically very skilled in several areas and perhaps that of acoustic designer had a deadline.

Stuart explained his nick in a post a while back - sorry I have no idea where it is! Rest assured it is not what you are thinking. I think the 2020 refers to an aspect of studio acoustic quality, 20 this and 20 something else.

I echo the support for Stuart and hopes for his well being.

Jennifer

Dr Space

Sadness

Postby Dr Space » Sat, 2021-Mar-06, 06:05

You are not the only one who has had issues with Stuart. He left me in quite spot with my design I hired him for. I got a 2/3 design and nothing more. Less than what i should have received for the money but I have moved on and tried to just get the best advice I can from others. I am sure Stuart is out there somewhere. A very knowledgeable man. Let's hope for his safe return.. On an up note, my construction starts on tuesday!!!!
Dr Space- Ricardo or scott

JCBigler

Sadness

Postby JCBigler » Tue, 2021-Mar-09, 17:12

So, no one's heard from Stuart? :?:

His account shows he was last logged in yesterday. But he's not posted since December 8?

Hope he's ok and the virus or some other malady didn't get him. :cry:

-Justice C. Bigler
justicebigler.com

lostandfound

Sadness

Postby lostandfound » Wed, 2021-Mar-10, 16:58

Dr Space wrote:Source of the post You are not the only one who has had issues with Stuart. He left me in quite spot with my design I hired him for. I got a 2/3 design and nothing more. Less than what i should have received for the money but I have moved on and tried to just get the best advice I can from others. I am sure Stuart is out there somewhere. A very knowledgeable man. Let's hope for his safe return.. On an up note, my construction starts on tuesday!!!!
Dr Space- Ricardo or scott

Ciao Ricardo,

I thank you for your solidarity .... it is what sometimes saves us.

I know about your experience with Stuart, I had also read about you on your site where other complaints "merged" in addition to yours and I am very sorry for this.
It bothers me a lot when speculating on what, in addition to representing considerable costs that we already have to bear, on the love necessary to face so many sacrifices .... betrayed dreams!
Although I knew of Stuart's lack of reliability, I humanly and Christianly wanted to involve him in our project, I still consider him a valid designer but it's too unreliable!
I know that he often checks the forum and I hope that there are no real health problems at the basis of his absence, but he cannot continue like this. It is a real shame, so much talent that proposed in this way .... useless, perhaps for us unfortunates the path will be more tortuous but .... we will do it anyway.
Personally I am not vindictive, hurting people is against all my principles .... even when they are wrong, I only hope for those who could contact him for a new project to inform themselves enough about it so as not to get the same disappointment in seeing the own dream fade.

Ricardo, I read your progress anyway !! I really wish you to be able to complete everything without excessive hitches !!

Good luck, a hug

Thank you

Lucio

Dr Space

Sadness

Postby Dr Space » Tue, 2021-Mar-16, 04:58

I got a long mail from Stuart the other day. He will return soon. He has been ill. He is sorry.
Ricardo,, Dr Space.. :D

Starlight

Sadness

Postby Starlight » Tue, 2021-Mar-16, 06:13

Thank you for the news. At least we now know and can give Stuart the space he needs to get back to work at his pace.

Avare

Sadness

Postby Avare » Mon, 2021-Mar-29, 13:33

Dr Space wrote:Source of the post I got a long mail from Stuart the other day. He will return soon. He has been ill. He is sorry.
Ricardo,, Dr Space.. :D

Thank you for the update!

Good studio building is 90% design and 10% construction.

garethmetcalf

Sadness

Postby garethmetcalf » Sun, 2021-Apr-11, 12:15

That’s good to know. What a shame he’s been ill for all this time but it’s good to know that he’s now communicating which suggests he’s on the mend.

Cheers
Gareth

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Sadness

Postby Soundman2020 » Wed, 2021-Jun-23, 22:16

Well, as you have all figured out already, this has not been a good time for me. I've been totally disconnected from everything for the past several months, for health reasons that I won't be going into (not Covid, thank God!).
As the saying goes: "The rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated"! :) I'm still around, and trying to get back into the swing of things. Doc says I should still be laying low for a bit more time, but what the heck! You only live once anyway, and I'm tired of laying low! And I'm sure everyone here is also tired of me laying low, too! So I figure it's about time I started firing up the furnace again, and start getting involved again. Just probably not at the same level as before.... (for a while, at least).
I have hundreds of posts to catch up on, not to mentioned many dozens of PM's, and a few paying customers that are probably highly upset with me (and rightfully so). So it's going to take a while to catch up. Please be patient! I will try to get to your thread/PM/project as soon as I can, and to re-connect with everyone that thought I abandoned them (which is partly true! For which I do apologize). But its going to take time... Rome wasn't re-built in a day (or something like that...)! So it won't all be happening overnight, even though I wish it could!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm trying to climb back on the train, and get in the driver's seat again! I've been out of it for WAY too long.

- Stuart -