Hello from Oklahoma

A place for general chit-chat, hanging out, off topic stuff, shooting the breeze, ranting, introducing yourself to the forum, saying "Hi!", etc.
JCBigler

Hello from Oklahoma

Postby JCBigler » Thu, 2021-Feb-25, 06:22

Hello to Stuart and everyone else.

Not sure why I haven't posted before. I registered back in June when I found out Stuart opened his own forum.

Looks like a nice place.

Maybe I'll be working on some studio builds this year. I bought a small remote truck a couple years ago and I need to get it refitted so I'll be working on that too.

-Justice C. Bigler
justicebigler.com

Starlight

Hello from Oklahoma

Postby Starlight » Thu, 2021-Feb-25, 12:46

Welcome, Justice.

I really hope this year is kinder to you and that you can get your teeth into the studio builds, including one or more than we can get to see.

By the way, is your remote truck The Armadillo? That is really different to what we see on the forum!

JCBigler

Hello from Oklahoma

Postby JCBigler » Thu, 2021-Feb-25, 16:02

Starlight wrote:Source of the post Welcome, Justice.
By the way, is your remote truck The Armadillo? That is really different to what we see on the forum!

Yes, the Armadillo is my remote truck. Hopefully I can get it rebuilt and usable (it needs some general mechanical work too, and a turbo charger :) ). Just talked to the power company today about getting dedicated shore power for it. Once that's done, I can start working on it whenever I want. And then hopefully I can build a small dedicated studio also.

I've got lots of plans and initial designs from when I was hanging out on John Sayer's forum. Maybe I'll post a couple and see what you guys think.

Right now most of my work is remote recording of live performances by symphony orchestras and chamber music groups. So the truck serves as a mixing room at this point. But obviously, I want a dedicated recording space too.

https://youtu.be/2BVqTxQ33uQ

-Justice C. Bigler
justicebigler.com

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Hello from Oklahoma

Postby Soundman2020 » Fri, 2021-Jun-25, 22:44

JCBigler wrote:Source of the post Hello to Stuart and everyone else.

Not sure why I haven't posted before. I registered back in June when I found out Stuart opened his own forum.

Looks like a nice place.

Maybe I'll be working on some studio builds this year. I bought a small remote truck a couple years ago and I need to get it refitted so I'll be working on that too.

Wow! So cool to have you here, JC! I do hope to see that build you are talking about.... sounds intriguing!
Maybe I'll post a couple and see what you guys think.
Yes yes yes!!! :thu: Definitely! I'd love to see what you have in mind.

- Stuart -

MattE

Hello from Oklahoma

Postby MattE » Thu, 2021-Dec-23, 12:57

Hey another Oklahoman. Cool. I'm in Ardmore. Good to know you're around.