End-of-project acoustic questions

All about acoustics. This is your new home if you already have a studio or other acoustic space, but it isn't working out for you, sounds bad, and you need to fix it...
Guit-picker

Postby Guit-picker » Fri, 2021-May-21, 22:00

My four-room studio is nearly complete. Just finishing the control room acoustics and moving on to the three Live Rooms. Since Soundman2020 has been ill, I have not heard much from him except for when I transferred here from the Sayers forum. He has saved my skin several times over the last (nearly) seven years! I have even been asking his fees for acoustic help. The leadership here at our conference center want it done after patiently waiting all these years (can't blame them)
I have posted REW data under the Studio Construction forum, but nobody seems to want to look at it. My thought is perhaps if I started a new topic on the Acoustic Forum here, it might be more appropriate. I need help interpreting the REW data for the control room and have questions about how to treat Live rooms. It seems that on these forums, I've mostly seen all the attention on the control room, but that might be just me.
Anyone want to check out my original questions and advise on acoustics? I would be most grateful, since I'm now forced onto a fast-track before a "revolt" breaks out! :lol:
Here is the link to my main topic, with questions and REW data at the end (after a thorough history summary of the build).
https://forum.digistar.cl/viewtopic.php?t=908&start=15
Very thankful for any help...
Ron

Starlight

Postby Starlight » Sat, 2021-May-22, 07:02

Ron, I have yet to study REW so you are further down that road than I am. If no one here feels expert enough to advise you I would suggest looking up akebrake and thethrillfactor on gearspace.com as they seem able to understand REW and diagnose why problems are likely to be occuring.

I still have yours, Jennifer's and gareth's topics open ready to read when I get a chance as I have been usy this week, both getting on with my studio and mixing songs. As soon as I get a gap I will catch with the forum and see what I can help with.