SPL and UAD Apollo problems.

Want to rant about which speaker is best, or why you love/hate a certain mic, preamp, console, DAW, etc.? This is the place for that.
Dr Space

Postby Dr Space » Wed, 2022-May-18, 14:13

Hello... I have an Apollo QUAD and newer Apollo 16. I am having trouble to interface these with the SPL 2489 Surround monitor control. I have the audio going out of the X16 via a db25 cable into the input of the surround mixer. The sound speakers are all connected to the SPL unit output channels.

I am using a MacMini so the X16 is connected with a USB-c cable to the thunderbolt 2 of the x16 and the quad is connected to the x16 with thunderbolt. I can hear music in the headphone outputs but get nothing from the speakers??? I have logic (and Luna) set up with the audio preferences for the UAD units, so this is correct..

Why do I not get any sound??? I am suspecting that the older Apollo QUAD will not accept being the 2nd in line. If this is the case and this can not be changed what am I to do?? Please advise..
Thanks..
scott

Dr Space

Postby Dr Space » Thu, 2022-May-19, 06:46

It appears to be a software issue in the UAD console that I need to configure.. I am working on it... Sorry folks.. :mrgreen: