New Studio Design

Start your own studio thread here: Goals, plans, layouts, treatment, speakers, questions, queries, comments...
Soundman2020
Site Admin

New Studio Design

Postby Soundman2020 » Wed, 2022-Jan-12, 01:01

Your images have disappeared from the start up to and including post 11.
I checked the database, and it is not a forum error: Those images were hosted on Gearspace and just linked here, not uploaded to the forum itself, so when they were deleted over there, they stopped appearing over here too. That's why it is one of the forum rules to always upload images to the forum itself, so they can never be lost like this. There's plenty of space and bandwidth to do that, and it makes it easier for other members to follow the entire thread at any point in the future.

StudioJiimaan, if you send me the original images by PM, I can insert them again where they would have been, if you want.

- Stuart -

StudioJiimaan

New Studio Design

Postby StudioJiimaan » Wed, 2022-Jan-12, 02:00

I will send those to you as soon as I can figure which ones are missing....

StudioJiimaan

New Studio Design

Postby StudioJiimaan » Wed, 2022-Jan-12, 14:20

Hopefully this works out ok with some dimensions shown:

StudioJiimaan

New Studio Design

Postby StudioJiimaan » Wed, 2022-Jan-12, 21:50

So I have been playing around a bit more....put things to scale as best I could....figured out layout from best possible ergonomic standpoint....the best possible flow....still looking at the corner control room....and still working on other possible choices for the control room....this is as close as I’ve got so far:

This is another possible configuration for the corner control room....based from this article ECO-RECORDING STUDIO DESIGN: I. : Proposed Architectural Acoustics and Photovoltaic System by Tim Perry Acoustic Designer at Arqen Sonic, Electrical Engineering & School of Music Student at University of Victoria in British Columbia: http://arqen.com/acoustics/recording-st ... ign/#part1

I have done a version of this as a corner control room (yes Stuart you have truly turned my head around lol) with a bass trap behind but not sure if it will be doable:

Well that's all for now....let me know what you think....

StudioJiimaan

New Studio Design

Postby StudioJiimaan » Thu, 2022-Jan-13, 03:05

APPROX. TOTAL STUDIO AREA: 780 SQ. FT

CR approx. 350 sq. ft

LR  approx. 400 sq. ft.

BOOTH approx. 30 sq. ft.

StudioJiimaan

New Studio Design

Postby StudioJiimaan » Fri, 2022-Jan-14, 17:19

I want to thank everybody for their suggestions....we have our studio layout finally....it is not really like anything I posted of my own....however I'm not able to share it on this or any other forum, as have been asked not to....actually I'd rather show the real deal next time I post here so in the future I will be posting as we get into the actual build....including photos if you like....

But thank you all so much for your feedback....

Starlight

New Studio Design

Postby Starlight » Fri, 2022-Jan-14, 21:45

You tease us. Do I need to keep my eyes closed while I wait?

StudioJiimaan

New Studio Design

Postby StudioJiimaan » Sat, 2022-Jan-15, 01:28

Starlight wrote:Source of the post You tease us. Do I need to keep my eyes closed while I wait?

No I would suggest keeping your eyes open....you're likely to miss much if you don't....

Seriously no teasing....requested not to share so I'm not....but I wanted to thank those who had suggestions that were helpful or not....but that took time to write comments meant to educate....that opened up my eyes to some things had missed....so keep your eyes open

End of this thread for me