Home recording studio in the attic.

Start your own studio thread here: Goals, plans, layouts, treatment, speakers, questions, queries, comments...
Gilmour74

Postby Gilmour74 » Sat, 2021-Jul-10, 10:29

Hi,
I send measurements with and without a table. The table seems to have better results, although the differences between the right and left monitors remain. The same position of listening to the monitors, level about 75 dB.
Attachments
REW without table.mdat
(7.02 MiB) Downloaded 573 times
REW without table.mdat
(7.02 MiB) Downloaded 573 times
REW with a table.mdat
(7.02 MiB) Downloaded 585 times
REW with a table.mdat
(7.02 MiB) Downloaded 585 times

snailboyawayyy

Postby snailboyawayyy » Sun, 2021-Jul-11, 03:47

Soundman2020 wrote:Source of the post Anyway, I took a quick look at your REW data, and one of the first things I noticed is that there is large difference in frequency response between your left and right speakers:
Left-Right-Compare.png

I don't think the trace arithmetic function in REW is working properly, Stuart. I've been having some trouble with it over on my thread. Here's Gilmour74's difference curve (A / B) next to the inverse of itself (B / A):
(AB), (BA).jpg
The curve should be an exact flip around the 0dB line, but it isn't. The 'reflection line' seems to be gradually rising as you go higher in frequency.

Gilmour74

Postby Gilmour74 » Sat, 2021-Sep-18, 08:49

Hello,
I am sending the last final measurement, you can look at it and evaluate what parameters my room has, or what could be improved. I originally considered adding barrel diffusors to the back wall, do you think it could improve the parameters?
Thank you.
Attachments
REW.mdat
(6.36 MiB) Downloaded 547 times
REW.mdat
(6.36 MiB) Downloaded 547 times