Insulation for instrumental studio

Document your build here: All about your walls, ceilings, doors, windows, HVAC, and (gasp!) floated floors...
george lee

Postby george lee » Sat, 2021-Mar-13, 16:50

I do a lot of work for the musical producers. My all day spends in a single room and the room is too much cool. I do not use any heater except electrical. Recently I have gone through an idea about roof insulation and did a little search on this topic and found general [ Probable spam link removed by moderator ] FAQ about home insulation but still I am confused to choose a long last and reliable type of insulation which will keep my room warm and will act as barrier between room and cold. Any suggestions?

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Mon, 2023-Jun-26, 21:27

Decided to finally reply to this. I suspect it is spam, but whatever: Give the OP the benefit of the doubt. And even though the reply is two years late: "better late than never"!
Any good quality insulation is fine for what you want. I'd suggest either mineral wool or fiberglass, mostly because they both have good acoustic properties, as well as goo thermal properties. The stuff on your link is neither. Forget that.

- Stuart -