Dynamic insulation component

Useful tools, documents, links, reference materials, 3D SketchUp models, and other items that might be of help in designing or building your studio.
Forum rules
RULES FOR THE DOWNLOAD AREA:
Some items on this page may be protected by copyright, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights. To the best of my knowledge, everything here is freely available in the public domain (especially my own stuff that I'm releasing here!). However, if you do find something that you think is a copyright infringement, please let me know and I'll remove it or add any necessary accreditation.

Regarding my own items listed on this forum (tools, articles, photos, advice, etc.) they are all released without any warranties or conditions, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantable quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, correctness, or any other representation at all. Use them entirely at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything here on the forum, nor for what you do with it, nor for any results you obtain, or fail to obtain, from using any information or other item that you find here.
gullfo

Dynamic insulation component

Postby gullfo » Sun, 2021-Aug-01, 13:07

this one is useful for detail drawings, not general use as the re-draw time on the insulation symbols would get out of control. for small specific drawings though, it is good for construction / shop drawing detailed. options for displaying the symbols on one vertical edge or one horizontal edge - both, horizontal, vertical, none. as showing in the attached SU file, all bottom insulation have the horizontal symbols, and only the left-hand insulation have vertical. thus when displaying in 2D for construction/shop plans, you get the insulation symbols, and as 3D views, you just see the insulation (or in wireframe or hidden line - see all).

oh, the insulation component is in the wall frame of the SU 2017 file which is attached ;)

one caveat: the symbols use the insulation depth to define a ratio which is the width of a single segment - however, you can only have whole number copies of segments (quick lesson on dynamic components here) so an adjustment value is calculated to correct (as closely as possible) the actual segment size used in order to create the symbol which is very close to the unit size... so if you see it slightly off, that's why. then again this is really about drawings and in reality, insulation isn't the most precise thing about your walls :ugeek:

hope this helps some folks with their drawings. as usual, my copyright, no warranties explicit or implied, no support.
Attachments
example insulation component w symbol0004.jpg
example insulation component w symbol0004.jpg (29.78 KiB) Viewed 9401 times
example insulation component w symbol0004.jpg
example insulation component w symbol0004.jpg (29.78 KiB) Viewed 9401 times
example insulation component w symbol0003.jpg
example insulation component w symbol0002.jpg
example insulation component w symbol0002.jpg (28.89 KiB) Viewed 9401 times
example insulation component w symbol0002.jpg
example insulation component w symbol0002.jpg (28.89 KiB) Viewed 9401 times
example insulation component w symbol0001.jpg
example insulation component w symbol.skp